Turkish Basic Trainer “Hürkuş” Rolls Out
The assembly and manufacturing of Turkish Basic Trainer Aircraft "HÜRKUŞ", which was designed by TAI's engineers to meet the training requirements of Turkish Air Force, was completed and HÜRKUŞ was rolled out on June 27, 2012 at a ceremony held at TAI's Kazan premises.
Many distinguished military and civilian officials, among whom were the Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, Chief of General Staff Gen. Necdet Özel, Cabinet Members, Force Commanders and the family of Vecihi Hürkuş honored the ceremony.
- Compatible with pilot primary and basic training program, able to perform day and night mission, tandem seat configuration for trainer and trainee,
- Equipped with 1600 hp turboprop engine, enabling easy transfer of trainee pilots to jet aircraft,High performance and low operating cost due to state-of-the-art technology employed,
- Designed to ensure superior performance than the competition with almost 21000 flight safety, pilotage and performance requirements
- Documented with more than 4800 design documents and 7250 technical drawings as a result of more than one million engineering hours,
- Flexible in design for future applications such as surveillance and weapon upgrades.
Under the vision of becoming a "World Brand Aerospace Company" with indigenous products and global competitive power and holding the mission "to lead the development of Turkey's aeropsace industry", TAI aims to leas Turkey to new horizons in aviation in the 21st century.
Please click to display the photos of the ceremony.