Being an indigenous Design and Development program, ŞİMŞEK High Speed Target Drone System program was initiated in 2009 to meet the increased training requirements of the Turkish Armed Forces (TAF).
System will meet the requirements of high speed target drone simulating enemy aircraft and missiles for air to air, ground to air, anti-aircraft gunnery and missile systems’ tracking and firing trainings. Open architecture design of ŞİMŞEK High Speed Target Drone System can be modified with respect to end user requirements.
ŞİMŞEK System, indigenously designed and produced by TAI, general features:
- 45 minutes of endurance
- Max. Speed 400 kts
- Mission altitude between 1000ft (350m) to 15000 feet (4500 m) (ASL)
- 50 km LOS Data Link Range with GCS
- Catapulte launch
- Parachute recovery on land or at sea
- Ability to take-off and control from Navy platforms
- Structure manufactured with advanced composite technology
- Compatible with military standards
- Full autonomous flight mode with Waypoint / Heading / Speed / Altitude hold modes including take-off and landing with indigenous "GCS Flight Control System" and "Autopilot System"
- Preprogrammed flight ability to assign waypoints and change during / before flight
- Return Home & Fail Safe Modes for automatic recovery to a predefined return home point
- Record and playback of real-time coded digital flight data telemetry
- Ability to recognize and load digital maps
- Passive Radar Cross Section Augmenter - Luneberg Lens
Additional Payload Integration Activities:
- Smoke Generator
- Radar Altimeter